Who is Grokker for?
Grokker covers many styles of yoga along with all types of fitness options.
Grokker is for anybody and everybody who has a need for fitness.
No stone has not been turned up in search for your fitness goals.
On demand access to 1000s of exclusive Grokker Premium videos in Yoga, Fitness, and Cooking.
Join Grokker Group Classes and develop your daily routine.
Stay current and keep evolving with new Expert videos published daily.
Save time with Grokker and watch when you want on mobile, web, tablet, and TV.
Connect with our 100+ acclaimed Experts to help you get better at what you love.
Never lose your favorite videos; save and collect them to watch again and again.
Grokker Delivers More Than You Can Imagine
Grokker delivers streaming videos to support holistic wellness.
Members can access hundreds of videos in areas as diverse as stretching, HIIT high intensity interval training, kickboxing, meditating, and cooking healthy meals.
The streaming video is supported on smartphones, tablet computers, work computers and TV as explained below.
The Grokker app also supports social networking and activity reminders.
Main categories for Grokker videos are Yoga, Fitness and Cooking.
The company name is inspired by the science fiction novel Stranger In a Strange Land, where the verb “grok” can mean “to be one with.”
What Is a Grokker?
/gräk/, verb (informal)
To drink or soak in knowledge such that you are transformed by it.
A “grokker” is one who has been transformed.
Lorna Borenstein, Founder and CEO
The idea for Grokker came to Lorna Borenstein while on a multi-year sabbatical, traveling the world with her husband and three children.
Hoping to use the internet to practice yoga and fitness while on vacation, she became frustrated with the lack of high-quality instructional videos available, as well as the difficulty in finding videos in one place.
In 2012, Lorna founded Grokker.com, the on-demand wellbeing solution you can access from anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Start today for unlimited access to an unparalleled variety of at-home workouts, yoga, and more.
Grokker is a subscription health and fitness video company for individuals and organizations.
They advertise “Sweat it out, de-stress, or just relax with a video.”
Main categories in the Grokker video library are Yoga, Fitness and Cooking.
More than a dozen sub types of streaming yoga classes are offered, e.g., hatha, power vinyasa, and prenatal yoga.
Among the other Grokker workout classes are indoor cycling, kickboxing, Pilates, strength training, meditation, and many more.
- Gentle Yoga
- Weight Loss Yoga
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Weight Training
Grokker is popular with people of all fitness levels, and businesses wishing to support employee fitness.
They can help people manage health conditions and prevent new problems.
Benefits range from managing weight to managing stress, protecting the heart, sleeping more soundly, and improving mental focus.
You can watch Grokker videos on your desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone or TV.
Options for watching Grokker on TV are:
- Apple TV
- Com cast Xfinity On Demand
- Google Chromecast
- Running an HDMI cable from your computer to the set
- Grokker is designed to suit all lifestyles.
- Videos ranges from brief to long, and they’re accessible on mobile devices and computers as well as streamable to TV.
- Include options for all levels.
- Options are low-impact on joints yet highly efficient at calorie burn, cardio training and strengthening the body.
- Grokker offers a collection of cooking videos to assist a healthy lifestyle.
- Recipes are arranged into dozens of categories such as Appetizers, Breakfast & Brunch, BBQ & Grilling, Desserts, Chinese, French, Indian, Vegetarian, and Vegan & Raw Food.
- Workplace can help employees integrate 15 minutes of wellness into their workdays.
- A social networking component and calendar feature of the Grokker app can help people stay motivated and follow through on commitments to exercise.
- To help you decide whether Grokker is the best streaming workout service for your needs, the company posts previews of many classes.
- Scroll through Grokker to sample videos organized by workout style or instructor.
- After sign up you’ll have a 14-day trial period during which you may cancel service before your card is ever charged.
- Subscribers need to provide a credit card number up-front.
- You can cancel a Grokker subscription anytime.
- You won’t be refunded for any unused time.
- Android users can only access Grokker through the website (not with an app).
- It’s best for Apple/iOS devices and TV.
Grokker streams an especially wide variety of health and fitness video topics. For 2017 the following is just a small sample:
- HIIT Club
- Honestly Healthy Slim Down
- Nourishing Heart
- Metabolism-Boosting Yoga
- Perfect Pilates
- Power Cycle
- 14-Day Yoga Challenge
Many of the video series are equipment-free.
When equipment is needed, it’s noted in the video description under (At A Glance).
A Grokker membership begins with a two-week trial period.
If you choose to keep Grokker, you’ll be billed monthly or annually. (Annual is cheaper per day.)
Subscribers have 24/7 access to well-organized video libraries.
When you pay, the membership is called “Premium.”
Premium Grokker membership costs $9.99/month if you pay for a year in advance, will be $119.98.
It costs $14.95/month if you pay month-to-month, which would be $179.40 over a year.
Membership automatically renews if you do not click the “Cancel” button or email to customer support.
Grokker gives you more than any other app I have yet seen.
I personally give Grokker the thumbs up for the all round app.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this post or this site in general.
I will answer all the comments on my website personally so drop me a line below if you have any Yoga questions or comments.
I’m happy to help any way that I can.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietitian before starting any fitness program or making any changes to your diet.