Cork Mats, I can honestly say I have only recently heard of this product, within the last month.
I first came in to contact when I was researching other people’s Yoga websites.I was intrigued so this is why I am reviewing this product. I am personally very happy with my current rubber mat so I am not in the market for a new mat.
- The Most Professional Set to Get Started. Our professional 4 piece yoga set has all the essential tools to build a solid foundation or take your yoga to the next level.
- A 72in x 24inx 4mm all-natural cork top & rubber bottom yoga mat.
- A 3inch thick cork yoga block for proper positioning and support.
- A extra-long strap with positioning loops work as a carrying yoga strap,
- A sturdy oxford fabric yoga bag with adjustable strap and double zip closure for carrying your mat and accessories more efficient
Unique Body Alignment:
- Unique Body Alignment Marker System. Our unique and revolutionary Body Alignment System works as a navigational tool for your Yoga asana practice.
- The alignment lines help you to focus and adjust your hands and feet to the accurate position, and keep body in proper alignment.
- The guide lines are ingrained in the mat because of the laser printing (instead of printing with potentially harmful ink), so you don’t have to look down, just touch.
- Ideal thickness of 4mm. Our studies show that 4mm in the ideal combination of weight and functionality.
- An extra 1mm adds on 25% more in weight.
- If a mat is too thick, it can cause the mat be too heavy.
- But if a mat is too thin, it will not provide enough cushioning for your workouts.
- We feel 4mm is the ideal thickness for most workouts. 72”L x 24”W–this is what many yogis describe as the perfect width and length for an average size yogi.
All Natural Cork:
- All-natural Cork Top. Did you know most conventional yoga mat are toxic?
- Please switch to cork and breathe well.
- Our natural organic cork yoga mats are made of 100% Eco-friendly regenerational oak tree bark, no trees were cut to make this mats, totally organic and natural, odor-free, antibiosis, mildew proof and ventilate.
- Free from latex, silicone, toxic glues, adhesives, phylathates, TPE, PVC and other harsh chemicals.
- Our special process ensures our cork surface will never chip like the others.
- 100% Recycled Rubber Bottom Made from all recycled rubber.
- Compared to TPE, rubber has unparalleled grip whilst practicing, and more eco friendly and is the new standard for yoga mats.
- Cork mats have been dealt with protection against moisture before delivery from the factory.
- Water proof mid layer will prevent sweat absorbed by cork layer from going into innermost layer, non-absorbent, moisture-proof, and anti-bacteria.
- Natural materials create a natural wood texture and perfect resistance of sliding
Reliancer Cork Mat:
I would like to say this is a great package you get the mat, block, straps and a nice carry bag.
As far as comments go they vary greatly on average they ever like it or not like it due to various conditions.
Apparently one customer used it in hot yoga and the heat made it fall apart.
So in saying that most people are happy.
With any product I would make sure this is for you.
If you are completely unhappy with your purchase you can always return the product.
The breakdown of the customer reviews are.
- 5 stars 74% that would seem very good.
- 4 stars 21% still good in my books.
- 1 star 5% not many dislike this product.
Interesting no 3 or 2 star reviews at all.
So on average most people are happy with their purchase.
Eco Friendly Product:
As I said before I do not own a cork mat, but I’m familiar with cork flooring.
If cork can be used as a flooring it must be durable.
Cork is an Eco friendly product so if that is criteria for you it ticks that box.
The base is recycled rubber which is good for Eco saving again.
Got to expect some rubber for flexibility no way could you have 100% cork.
Not at this stage, you never know what they will invent next.
It has some nice touches such as the markings for your hands and feet to help the newbie.
In the product description the claims are suitable for hot yoga. There was on review which claims their mat was flaking due to the hot yoga.
Maybe it was a one off situation, as the makers arduously test their products in the factory for such conditions.
For the eco friendly person looking for a sustainable product.
Heat of Hot Yoga may damage the mat.
I personally would like to try before I buy on this mat as it sounds in general a really good product.
I will leave a link which will take you to the Amazon site and you can read more a reviews.
Currently not available other options will be available of a similar quality.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this post or this site in general.
I will answer all the comments on my website personally so drop me a line below if you have any Yoga questions or comments.
I’m happy to help any way that I can.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietitian before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet