You want to have a healthy life. You want to feel good. You want lots of energy, vitality, power, and stamina. Well, the great news is that all these can be yours. Yoga applies age-old secrets to everyday life in a modern, fast-paced world. Its practical application can restore your lost youth, put new zest into your every step. Empower you to fully enjoy a sense of health, energy and creative living. Yoga can do all these things for your body.
Yoga is an ancient system developed and perfected over the centuries by wise men in ancient India. Yoga is not a religion, a metaphysical doctrine, or a philosophy.
It is not magic, although the amazing improvements it can make in your health, your appearance and your youthfulness may often seem magical, even miraculous.
There are many types of yoga. Contrary to popular belief, not all types of yoga involve difficult positions and postures, uncomfortable exercises or strenuous diets.
What Yoga Can Do For You?
Yoga can take years off your face and years from your body, and add years to your life.
There are certain secret methods by which the Yogis keep the flexibility and “spring” of early youth in their joints and muscles and limbs well into the declining years.
It is a common sight to see, in the crowded, colorful streets of Mumbai or New Delhi, Yogis well into their seventies and even their eighties.
With the straight, graceful posture of a boy, walking with the elastic, springy step of youth with firm, healthy bodies, their hair dark and glossy and un-streaked with grey.
Firm, unlined faces clear, undimmed eyes.
Not only does yoga make you look and feel years younger, and years healthier, but it lends your body superb health.
It works like magic because it enables the body to realize its full potential of great health.
You know that Nature has built into your body certain “defense mechanisms” for self-repair, natural safeguards against disease.
Well, modern yoga helps the body’s machinery function smoothly, efficiently, and at peak performance.
Yoga encourages your body to derive every last possible atom of nutritive value from the food you now eat (so different from the natural diet of your ancestors)
To get every second of refreshment and rest from your sleep. To attain regularity, relief from little aches and pains. The ability to sleep deep and wake refreshed that can make the difference from feeling “pretty good” to feeling “terrific”!
Yoga assists all your muscles and bones and organs to operate at their maximum potential. Yoga stimulates into peak performance the hidden abilities of your body to throw off the attacks of disease that affect so many people we know and love.
Do you suffer from insomnia and stress?
Have you lost your appetite?
Do you find it hard to relax?
Do you smoke too much, feel “worn out” by the afternoon, find as you grow older that you cannot enjoy full life and day to day vitality?
It Must Be Magic:
Yoga has the amazing power to relax and refresh you, soothe your nerves, calm your mind, give you the serenity and strength and inner stamina that is part of the “Magic of the East”.
Yoga prevents the premature grey in your hair, the ugly wrinkles in your face.
Yoga tightens those sagging muscles that give you that “tired look.”
It puts new zest in your appetite, brings back the sparkle in your eyes, and gives that wonderful sensation of feeling “fit as a fiddle”.
If these benefits are important to you then its time you learn about yoga!
More Than An Exercise:
Though it is recognized as a form of exercise, some specific poses unique to this method of physical culture have been highly recognized.
Recommended in the drug free healing cycles for centuries.
With a sensible and proper diet with emphasis on Fruits and Vegetables, these specific ailments listed below can each be alleviated with a consistent and wise execution of the poses recommended.
1. Acne: Sun Salutations, the shoulder-stand and its counter-poses, head to knee poses, Peacock poses and Abdominal Isolation.
2. Arms (Sagging): Sun Salutations, Incline plane pose, Bow Pose, Wheel pose and the Balancing Poses (peacock and Crow)
3. Asthma: Deep abdominal breathing, Shoulder-stand, bridge and fish Pose, Bow Pose and Corpse pose.
4. Back-Ache: Sun Salutations, Fish pose, bow pose
5. Bad Breath: Sun Salutations, Inverted Poses, Bow and Balancing Poses, Cleansing fire Pose and Breathing exercises.
6. Body Odor: Sun Salutations, the Shoulder-stand (15-20 Minutes after the poses are practiced, use a warm damp rag to wipe the pubic regions)
7. Bust and Chest (firming): Sun Salutations, Bow, Crow pose
8. Chin-(prevention of double chin): Fish, Wheel, Sun Salutations
9. Common Cold: Sun Salutations, shoulder-stand and her counter- poses, Breathing Exercises, Nasal Irrigation.
10. Constipation: Inverted Poses, Sun Salutations, head to knee Poses, Bow Pose, the balancing poses (Peacock and crow variations.
11. Delaying Old Age: Sun Salutations, Shoulder-stand, Bridge Pose, Fish Pose, Wheel Pose, Abdominal lift and Breathing exercises.
12. Depression: Sun Salutations, shoulder stand and its counter pose, backward bending and balancing exercises.
13. Determination (lack of): Balancing exercises!
14. Diabetes: Head to Knee Poses (Sitting and Standing), Sun Salutations, Bow Pose.
15. Digestive Problems: Abdominal Isolation and lifts, Shoulder-stand, Plough Head to knee pose, Bow Pose, Peacock pose.
16. Eye problems: Inverted poses: (Shoulder-stand and Plough Poses)
17. Excess Weight: Sun Salutations, Inverted Poses (plough and Shoulder stand) Bridge and Fish Pose, Bow and Breathing exercises.
18. Fatigue: Corpse Pose, Wheel Pose
19. Focus (lack of): Sun Salutations, balancing exercises and Breathing exercises.
20. Gastrointestinal Disorders: The Shoulder Stand Sequence, Head to knee Pose, Bow Pose, and The peacock poses.
21. Hips (Reduction of Fat): Spinal Twist, Twisted Crow Pose, Triangle Pose, Bow and Wheel Pose
22. Insomnia: The Inverted Poses, The corpse pose and Breathing exercises.
23. Jaw (Sagging): Sun Salutations, Shoulder stand and her counter poses, head to knee poses (sitting) and its counter pose, Wheel Pose.
24. Laryngitis: Sun Salutations, the Shoulder stand and its counter poses. The Wheel poses.
25. Lethargy: Sun Salutations, Shoulder stand and its counter poses, the Wheel Pose and the Balancing Poses.
26. Menopause Disorders: Bow, Shoulder stand, Fish, Plough and Head to Knee Poses.
27. Menstrual disorders: Bow, Shoulder stand, Fish, Plough and Head to Knee Poses.
28. Nervousness: Shoulder stand and its counter-poses, Bow pose and Corpse pose
29. Ovarian Insufficiency: Inverted Poses, Bow Pose, Wheel Pose, Abdominal Isolation and the Head to Knee poses.
30. Premature ejaculations: Shoulder stand, Plough pose, Head to Knee Poses, Bow Pose and Peacock Pose. Abdominal Lifts.
31. Public Disorders: Sun Salutations, Inverted poses, Head to Knee Poses (sitting and standing)
32. Rheumatism: Sun Salutations (mildly 3-6 rounds), the Bow Pose and Triangle Poses.
33. Sexual disorders: Inverted Poses, Head to knee poses sitting and standing, bow pose, Balancing Poses (Peacock and Crow variations)
34. Spinal Stiffness: Spinal Twist, Bow, Sun Salutations Twisted Crow Poses.
35. Stomach Sagging: Inverted Poses, Head to Knee Poses, Bow Pose, Wheel Pose, Balancing Exercises.
36. Thighs: Sun Salutations, Inverted poses, Diamond Pose, Bow and Wheel Pose, Head to knee Poses, Triangle Poses.
37. Thyroid Deficiency: Shoulder-Stand and Plough poses.
38. Uterine disorders: Inverted Poses and the bow pose
39. Varicose Veins: Inverted poses, Head to knee Poses and the Backward bending Exercises
40. Waistline-to reduce and firm: Sun Salutations, Inverted Poses, Spinal Twists, Triangle Poses, Balancing exercises
41. Wrinkles: inverted Poses, head to knee poses, Sun Salutations and the balancing exercises.
There you have it, the comprehensive list of what pose can help with any ailment you may have.
Yoga, a proper diet and mental attunements combined can be a cure-all for just about any disease, so target what you may be encumbered with and with dedicated practice, you should see a drastic improvement.
Do remember friends, Yoga works hand in hand with a proper diet.
That cant be overemphasized, so in learning these poses, keep in mind to learn how to improve your diet as well for success.
But seriously, Yoga is more than just poses and meditation or stretching.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this post or this site in general.
I will answer all the comments on my website personally so drop me a line below if you have any Yoga questions or comments.
I’m happy to help any way that I can.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietitian before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet